Workshop Communication – fit for today’s purpose?
For Managers and team leaders
Overview This workshop considers the role of communication in organisational effectiveness. Time is always at a premium and technology provides a fast, screen-based means of communication readily available to support time management wherever you are.
It’s certainly quick and easy to use but it’s not always the answer.
Face-to-face is an essential core skill for engaging and motivating staff; where conversations are confrontational or deliver bad news. But the less used the harder it becomes!
This workshop will review how managers communicate with colleagues and teams and its relevance to the changing workplace. On completion managers will have:
• Considered how they communicate with colleagues and staff
• Identified aspects that might be improved to respond to change
• Reflected on face-to-face communication
• Reviewed the role of meetings in the changing workplace.
• Reviewed different types of conversations including issues of conflict.
• Developed an action list (to do now, items to discuss/research)
Interactive workshops led by experienced facilitators, are based on the reality of the day-to-day workplace. The workshop is supported with a comprehensive workbook containing additional material for future reference.
All half-day workshops provide a flexible in-house resource which can be tweaked to reflect specific training needs. Give Di or Owen a call on 01206 506100 to talk about the possible.