How we work is changing. What we do, how we relate to colleagues, customers and clients; how we use existing tools and integrate new ones. Managers need time to reflect on the ‘now’ and consider future needs. Teams must be more involved; empowered to draw on expertise. To review and challenge existing norms, to harness new ways of working – to do more with less!
F4C know time is finite. But getting to ‘can do’ is a culture change for managers and their teams. This module is the third in a series of themed modules focusing on key management issues pertinent to the changing workplace.
Workshop Communication: fit for today’s purpose?
For Managers and team leaders
The third workshop in this important series considers the role of communication in organisational effectiveness. Time is always at a premium and technology provides a fast, screen-based means of communication readily available to support time management wherever you are.
It’s certainly quick and easy to use but it’s not always the answer. Face-to-face is an essential core skill for engaging and motivating staff; also where conversations are confrontational or deliver bad news, but the less used the harder it becomes!
This workshop will review how managers communicate with colleagues and teams and its relevance to the changing workplace.
On completion managers will have:
• Considered how they communicate with colleagues and staff
• Identified aspects that might be improved to respond to change
• Reflected on face-to-face communication
• Reviewed the role of meetings in the changing workplace.
• Reviewed different types of conversations including issues of conflict.
• Developed an action list (to do now, items to discuss/research)