For Managers and team leaders
Overview Communication is central to organisational effectiveness. Technology provides a fast, screen-based means of communication readily available to support time management wherever you are.
It’s certainly easier to use technology. But are we in danger of losing the ability to communicate effectively face to face?
Technology is not always the answer. Some conversations must be face to face; but the less used the harder it becomes! Some will be confrontational or deliver bad news. Such conversations cannot be avoided and it is vital this face-to-face core skill is not neglected.
This interactive workshop considers techniques for managing difficult situations. On completion managers will:
• Understand personal communication style.
• Consider difficult conversations – how do they arise?
• Avoid misunderstanding through clear, sensitive, effective communication
• Review communication strategies – assertiveness, effective listening etc.
• Consider pre-meeting preparation and face to face strategies
• Understand the different types of conversations
• Review how to deal with conflict
• Identify strategies for remaining confident and professional
Interactive workshops led by experienced facilitators, are based on the reality of the day-to-day workplace. The workshop is supported with a comprehensive workbook containing additional material for future reference.
All half-day workshops provide a flexible in-house resource which can be tweaked to reflect specific training needs. Give Di or Owen a call on 01206 506100 to talk about the possible.
F4C – CONSISTENTLY MEETING YOUR OD AGENDA