For Managers and Team Leaders
Overview The attitude towards annual appraisals covers the spectrum from a key process to benefit management and staff to a total waste of time. But today’s focus is clearly on talent management, staff retention and smaller engaged teams able to draw on experience and work smarter.
Staff are a key resource. How they respond to change reflects on departmental outcomes and external perceptions. Employers today have higher expectations of those entering the workplace.
Within this framework the appraisal is a vital management tool.
Led by an experienced facilitator, on completion managers will:
• Consider the benefits of a performance review
• Identify what comprises a good appraisal experience
• Review communication: effective, engaging and motivating
• Recognise the importance of good preparation
• Consider face to face interview; interpret body language
• Identify and address the performance gap
• Recognise potential, career and development training needs
• Complete the admin circle and establish key review dates
Appraisal is a key element in talent management and retention.
Interactive workshops led by experienced facilitators, are based on the reality of the day-to-day workplace. The workshop is supported with a comprehensive workbook containing additional material for future reference.
All half-day workshops provide a flexible in-house resource which can be tweaked to reflect specific training needs. Give Di or Owen a call on 01206 506100 to talk about the possible.
F4C – FLEXIBLE TRAINING FOR TODAY’S NEEDS