Management Matters is a series of practical half-day interactive workshops led by experienced facilitators in change management, communication and motivation. They provide a focus on core topics – an opportunity to look beyond the day-to-day.
The way we work is changing and the management role is increasingly complex. How we work is being redefined; the ability to communicate and motivate others is key to overall efficiency. This workshop is a rare opportunity to stand back from daily reality; to reflect with others on the impact of change and key development strategies.
Workshop Effective Appraisals
For Managers and Team Leaders
The attitude towards annual appraisals covers the spectrum from a key process to benefit management and staff to a total waste of time. But today’s focus is clearly on talent management, staff retention and smaller engaged teams able to draw on experience and work smarter.
Staff are a key resource. How they respond to change reflects on departmental outcomes and external perceptions. Employers today have higher expectations of those entering the workplace.
Within this framework the appraisal is a vital management tool.
Led by an experienced facilitator, on completion managers will:
• Consider the benefits of a performance review
• Identify what comprises a good appraisal experience
• Review communication: effective, engaging and motivating
• Recognise the importance of good preparation
• Consider face to face interview; interpret body language
• Identify and address the performance gap
• Recognise potential, career and development training needs
• Complete the admin circle and establish key review dates
Appraisal is a key element in talent management and retention.