For Managers and those with a staffing responsibility
Overview Not only is how we work changing but increasingly where we work. Office-based managers and staff find it convenient to work on projects from a home base; the convenience of screen-based communication allows easy contact with staff and clients.
But technology also supports remote teams – individuals who work from home permanently. Their working time can be zoned to support international offices, family needs etc. Technology, core to working efficiently, allows greater involvement in the day-to-day, working and delivering against tight timescales; being accountable.
But working remotely is not just about delivering, it is also about belonging, feeling valued and a key member of the team – not ‘out of the loop’. Managers attending will:
• Consider the overall benefits for managers and staff
• Understand limitations; identify challenges/solutions
• Understand the importance of a climate of trust
• Review communication; identify possible barriers and solutions
• Consider efficiency barriers – software, training, technical..
• Understand the importance of clear instructions, deliverables and deadlines
• Respect personal/family boundaries and minimise ‘emergencies’
• Communicate regularly and provide a support network
• Encourage on-line coffee breaks and wider inclusion
• Recognise achievements
I Interactive workshops led by experienced facilitators, are based on a comprehensive workbook containing additional material for future reference.
All half-day workshops also provide a flexible in-house resource which can be tweaked to reflect specific training needs. Give Di or Owen a call on 01206 506100 to talk about the possible.
F4C – TRAINING TO MEET TODAY’S REALITY