For Managers and team leaders
This workshop considers the role of communication in organisational effectiveness. Time is always at a premium and technology provides a fast, screen-based means of communication readily available to support time management wherever you are.
Certainly quick and easy to use, but not always the answer.
Face-to-face remains an essential core skill for engaging and motivating staff; where conversations are confrontational or in the delivery of bad news. But the less used the harder it becomes!
This workshop reviews how managers communicate with colleagues and teams and the relevance to the changing workplace. On completion managers will have:
• Considered how they communicate with colleagues and staff
• Identified aspects that might be improved to respond to change
• Reflected on face-to-face communication
• Reviewed the role of meetings in the changing workplace.
• Reviewed different types of conversations including issues of conflict.
• Developed an action list (to do now, items to discuss/research)
Interactive workshops led by experienced facilitators, are based on the reality of the day-to-day workplace. It is supported with a comprehensive workbook containing additional material for future reference.
All half-day workshops provide a flexible in-house resource which can be tweaked to reflect specific training needs.