For Managers and team leaders
Communication is central to organisational effectiveness. Technology provides a fast, screen-based means of communication, readily available to support time management wherever you are.
It’s easier to use - but are we in danger of losing the ability to communicate effectively face-to-face?
Some conversations must be face-to-face; and the less used, the harder it becomes! Some will be confrontational or deliver bad news. Such exchanges cannot be avoided and it is vital this face-to-face core skill is not neglected.
An interactive workshop considers techniques for managing difficult situations. On completion managers will:
• Understand personal communication style.
• Consider difficult conversations – how do they arise?
• Avoid misunderstanding through clear, sensitive, effective communication
• Review communication strategies – assertiveness, effective listening etc.
• Consider pre-meeting preparation and face -to- face strategies
• Understand the different types of conversations
• Review how to deal with conflict
• Identify strategies for remaining confident and professional
Interactive workshops led by experienced facilitators, are based on the reality of the day-to-day workplace. They are supported with a comprehensive workbook containing additional material for future reference. All half-day workshops provide a flexible in-house resource which can be tweaked to reflect specific training needs.
Call Di or Owen on 01206 506100 to talk about the possible.