For Managers and Team Leaders
The attitude towards annual appraisals covers the whole spectrum from 'a key process to benefit management and staff' to 'a total waste of time'!
But today’s focus is clearly on talent management, staff retention and smaller engaged teams able to draw on experience and working smarter.
Staff are a key resource. How they respond to change reflects on departmental outcomes and external perceptions. Employers have higher expectations of those entering the workplace.
Appraisal is a key element in talent management and retention and within this framework a vital management tool.
On completion of this interactive workshop managers will:
• Consider the benefits of a performance review
• Identify what comprises a good appraisal experience
• Review communication: effective, engaging and motivating
• Recognise the importance of good preparation
• Consider face-to-face interview; interpret body language
• Identify and address the performance gap
• Recognise potential, career and development training needs
• Complete the admin circle and establish key review dates
Led by experienced facilitators, workshops are based on the reality of the day-to-day workplace. It is supported with a comprehensive workbook containing additional material for future reference.
All half-day workshops provide a flexible in-house resource which can be tweaked to reflect specific training needs.