For Managers and those with a staffing responsibility
Not only does the nature of work change, but also where we work.
The convenience of screen-based communication between managers, staff and clients allows work carried out remotely on projects from a home base for both individuals and teams.
Working time is zoned to support international offices, family needs etc. and technology, core to efficient working, allows greater involvement in the day-to-day, being accountable and delivering against tight timescales.
But working remotely is not just about delivering. It is also about belonging, feeling valued and a key member of the team – not ‘out of the loop’. Managers attending this F4C workshop will:
• Consider the overall benefits for managers and staff
• Understand limitations; identify challenges/solutions
• Understand the importance of a climate of trust
• Review communication; identify possible barriers and solutions
• Consider efficiency barriers – software, training, technical..
• Understand the importance of clear instructions, deliverables and deadlines
• Respect personal/family boundaries and minimise ‘emergencies’
• Communicate regularly and provide a support network
• Encourage on-line coffee breaks and wider inclusion
• Recognise achievements
Interactive workshops led by experienced facilitators, are based on a comprehensive workbook containing additional material for future reference. All half-day workshops provide a flexible in-house resource which can be tweaked to reflect specific training needs.