Successful managers work collaboratively throughout the organisation, with customers and clients. Managing the day-to-day, they increasingly lead diverse and remote teams. All demanding strong leadership and communication skills.
They know their role has changed, with more emphasis on communication, the soft skills and time management. But the routine takes over and there is little time to reflect.
Technology provides a convenient, instant method of screen-based communication readily available wherever you are. Although this save time, is it more direct than collaborative? Technology allows managers to achieve more but at the expense of face-to--face communication with the teams.
Some conversations are critical and must be one-to-one . The loss of this interaction with staff teams can undermine confidence.
Take this opportunity to stand back from the day-to-day and consider:
• Has your role changed in the last year? If so: more of? less of?
• How do you communicate now and is it still effective?
• Are your direct reports fully engaged and responsive to change?
• Is your lifestyle in balance? If not what needs to change?
• Strategies for personal effectiveness – can more really be less?
This interactive practical half-day workshop is led by an experienced facilitator. Training materials, case studies and group discussion focus on key issues. A dedicated workbook contains additional material and with personal notes makes this a resource for future reference.
Call Di or Owen on 01206 506100 to talk about the possible.